Unmasking EvolutionUnmasking Evolution is a one hour presentation using over 100 images on the big screen. It critically examines the core concepts of evolution. The central question: Can complexity, order and design evident in all living organisms come about through random chance and natural selection—a process that by definition is unguided, undirected, with no plan and no purpose? Is there another view that fits the facts?
The presentation is divided up into five chapters:
1) Core Concepts: Explores the core premises of evolution and exposes where the lines are blurred between fact and fiction.
2) Purpose—The Key of Creation: This chapter explores how nothing exists without purpose. Even something as simple as a pencil—we know it did not create itself. It is the direct result of intelligence. Yet we are supposed to believe that infinitely more complex biological structures came about through an unguided random process. The “teleological” argument is essential for a critical analysis of evolution.
3) Modern genetics and Information Technology: This chapter explores how the merger of two modern fields of technology continue to unravel the evolution paradigm. Modern genetics has revealed the astonishing complexity of our human genome even down to the specified information found within a single gene. Information technology—understanding that computer code is analogous to our genetic code—we now know information is never random. Whether it’s a software program or a gene that carries the instructions for the making and functioning of a specific protein—information is always the result of intelligence.
4) Age of the Earth: Is the earth 4.5 billion years old according to radiometric dating? Or is it 60 million years old according the salinity of the oceans? Or is it 2 million years old according the depletion of helium in the atmosphere? Nobody really knows. From Genesis, do we really know what a “day” means? Is it 24 hours? Is it a thousand years? Is it an epoch of time? Can we ever know for sure?
The larger question is why do evolutionists only consider the oldest possible date? Do they ascribe a “magical” quality to time? All that is needed for an amoeba to become a man is time?
The presentation does not hold a position on the age of the earth but rather challenges the evolutionary view that time is somehow a magical ingredient.
5) A New Idea: The presentation explores a new idea of creation—a synthesis between young and old earth theories. Scripture (Hebrews 11:3) indicates that the physical realm originated in the spiritual realm. “What we see did not come from what is seen.” Colossians 1:16 is also instructive: “For in him (Jesus) all things were created:things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible.” Did God speak a word and suddenly all the animals populated the earth? Or was creation in the works—in the spirit realm—perhaps for thousands or millions of years—but when everything was ready—God spoke and they were manifested or unveiled in the physical realm. No one knows for sure.
There is something wonderfully mystical about creation. There is an interplay between the spirit and physical realms. A strict materialist view can never comprehend it. A view that only considers what can be seen or measured with physical instruments is not adequate to explain our existence. This is exactly why origins has always been a religious question. Science can’t observe or measure that which is spiritual.
Knowing there is a spiritual element allows us to behold creation with a sense of awe and wonder offering praise and thanksgiving to God for all he has made.
Even the angels in heaven worship God for one primary reason: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” Rev 4:10-11
Bring Unmasking Evolution to your church
- As a high school or college program
- For adult education
- For the whole church or as a community event.
Creation is foundational to faith. Don’t let faith be stolen by an implausible and unproven theory that masquerades as “science”. Everyone needs to know the other side of the argument which will never be taught in high school or college. It is the obligation of the Church to provide this vital information to propagate and maintain a vital faith.