In 1938, Hitler visited Italy for a week and his trip included Turin. His henchmen began asking questions about the King's prized relic, the Shroud of Turin. When Hitler invaded Poland the next year, the Shroud was secretly moved to a monastery south of Rome. In 1943, the Nazis came looking for the Shroud...first in Turin and then later at the monastery. They never found their prize.
The Shroud of Turin is the most analyzed artifact in the world yet remains a mystery. Is it the burial cloth of Jesus or nothing more than a medieval hoax? Shroud Encounter is a highly acclaimed exploration into this profound mystery and covers all aspects of investigation.
It is not very often a topic covers so many different academic disciplines. Shroud Encounter is a fast moving presentation and unfolds like a CSI investigation as clues from every area are examined to unravel this profound mystery. No definitive conclusion can yet be determined.
Program will make use of over 200 images.
"Science and History Wrapped in a Mystery!"
SHROUD ENCOUNTER is a fast-moving visual experience that plunges the audience deep into Shroud research yet allows each fascinating detail to unfold like a CSI Investigation. As with a jury in a trial, the audience is allowed to come to their own conclusions. It is a captivating journey and usually followed by a lively Q&A session.
DIVERSITY: No claim is made regarding authenticity. The Shroud can never be proven by science. It is a mystery in the same category as the Pyramids, Stonehenge or Easter Island. As colleges attempt to embrace all spiritual traditions, The Shroud of Turin is an excellent vehicle to represent a centuries-old religious tradition without endorsing it. It is a unique program to facilitate cultural or spiritual diversity.
RUSS BREAULT is an international lecturer and researcher and is President of the Shroud of Turin Education Project inc. and a member of the International Shroud Science Group. Mr. Breault has been featured in numerous national documentaries including Mysteries of the Ancient World, as seen on CBS, and a recent two-hour documentary on The History Channel. Russ Breault's presentation has intrigued audiences nationwide for over 20 years, including Duke, West Point, Auburn, SUNY, Penn College of Technology and many more.
FEES: Fees are reasonable and will accomodate most budgets.
RAVE REVIEWS! See REFERENCES for dozens of outstanding comments.
Shroud Encounter is a fully Multi-Disciplinary Program drawing on science, history, art and religion to unravel the clues. In the end, no one can say for sure whether the Shroud is the authentic burial cloth of Jesus or an incredible medieval hoax.
· The presentation is well suited for International Programs. The Shroud has been in Italy for nearly 500 years and was on public exhibit last year drawing over two million visitors to Turin from around the world.
· It works well with Multi-Cultural Programs. The history of the cloth tracks through Italy, France and Constantinople influencing both eastern and western European culture.
· It is an excellent vehicle to promote Spiritual Diversity on campus. Shroud Encounter is not an endorsement of Christianity but simply an investigation of a centuries-old tradition related to it.
· The educational focus is well suited for faculty to assign extra credit for those who attend.
· Shroud Encounter is designed to entertain. It makes use of 180 images and moves fast like a movie holding the attention of the audience to the very end.
Links to more information: